|The Vision of Edah is an Orthodox Jewish community in which
we, as members, leaders, and institutions:
In order to help the community achieve this vision, Edah focuses its efforts
on Education, Leadership, Training, Advocacy, and Communications.
- are seriously and joyfully committed to Torah through halachah and
its processes, observing ritual and especially ethical mitzvot out of
a sense of covenanted obligation to God, as well as for personal satisfaction
- consider the entire world the handiwork of God, and the study of all
of its aspects - nature, science, history and human culture - a road
toward ever greater appreciation of creation and the Creator.
- feel a personal and religious connection to the miraculously reborn
State of Israel and its citizens, concretizing that connection through
ritual observances, aliyah, and support of the State and Religious Zionist
- value in-depth, life-long learning of Torah and rabbinic sources,
seeking teachers for ourselves and our children who will stimulate us
to love Torah, be intellectually honest, and be willingly challenged
by our encounter with text.
- reach out to and interact with Jews of all the movements as well as
non -affiliated Jews as an expression of the wholeness of, and in an
effort to strengthen, the entire Jewish people.
- take seriously the historic changes in the roles and educational achievements
of women in this century and search for halachically appropriate opportunities
for their participation in Jewish ritual and communal roles.
- search for transcendent meaning and a real connection to kedushah
(holiness) in our observances, our prayers and our daily activities,
striving to achieve a personal relationship with God within the context
of a modern life.
- consciously struggle to define the relationship between our traditional
practices and the social, political and technological changes in our
world, using our God-given talents to address these changes while adhering
firmly to halachic obligations.
- willingly take on responsibilities as law - abiding and contributing
citizens of this nation, devoting ourselves to the material and ethical
well-being of the general society.